NRAS provides an investor with an annual incentive for up to 10 years.
- The current NRAS Incentive amount is $11,114.33 (2017/18 year)
- The NRAS Incentive is received annually in arrears in two components:
1. Federal component paid as a Refundable tax offset (“RTO”) or Cash payment (currently $8,335.75)
2. State component paid as a Cash payment (currently $2,778.58)
3. The NRAS Incentive amount is fixed per dwelling and indexed annually on 1 May.
To receive the NRAS Incentive, an investor must:
1. Purchase an NRAS approved property and enter into an agreement, with the NRAS Participant for the dwelling;
2. Lease the property at a rental of no more than 80% of market value rent to an eligible tenant.
3. Ensure the property does not exceed the vacancy provisions and complies with all other conditions as prescribed under NRAS legislation.
Further details of the NRAS scheme can be found on the Australian Government Department of Social Services website: dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/housing-support/programmes-services/national-rental-affordability-scheme
|Australian Government Contribution||$8,335.75|
|2016/2017||Australian Government Contribution||$8,286.03|